Nowadays, video ads are no longer only exclusive to video apps, nor are they only video clip ads. Various other types of apps have also begun to try to develop rich video formats based on diversified brand demands and platform characteristics to explore new incremental entrances and expand their own monetization advantages and benefits.
- 5 seconds is appropriate, preferably no more than 15 seconds.
- It is best to display in full screen and vertical screen to improve the visual impact of the advertisement.
- Choose advertisements that match the tone of the APP, preferably for brand promotion, new product launches, event promotion, etc.
- Seamlessly embed APP LOGO, countdown, skip and other patterns to make it highly integrated with video advertisements while ensuring clear visibility and avoiding missed points.
- Consider supporting the audio playback of advertisements. However, it is recommended that the audio function can be turned on or off according to the user's habits, so as to meet the brand's deep-level advertising demands while giving users the best advertising experience and advertising comfort.
- Intelligently recommend interest-based advertisements for audiences.
- It is best to support the video can be paused at any time.
- Page layouts such as advertisement content/typesetting are coordinated and unified Repeated testing to find the best implant entry.
- Test the best video duration: 5s? 15s? Or longer
- Allow users to choose to play (automatically play in WIFI environment).
- Based on data and experience, provide advertisers with creative production suggestions, reduce brand promotion cold start time and trial and error costs, and improve media service capabilities and competitive advantages.
- It is recommended to support two styles of horizontal and vertical versions, which one has the best effect and fills first. At the same time, after clicking on a video ad, it is best to support full-screen and vertical-screen immersive display to make the ad more impactful.
- Innovative gameplay. For example, it can be placed in conjunction with open-screen advertisements (refer to the "Toutiao Hyun Screen" advertisement in the following figure) to make the advertisement more rendering and interesting, and to meet the advertiser's demand for "integration of product and efficiency".
- The size of the interstitial video advertisement is preferably ≥ half of the mobile phone screen.
- Support DeepLink jump direct and "close" settings.Test the optimal exposure frequency to avoid disturbing users by excessive display.
- It can support sound playback, and the sound switch is independently selected by the user.
- In the implantation scenario, follow the principle of "just right" and "comfortable";
- Choose the advertising display method that fits the APP environment and content layout. For example, when the user turns the mobile phone horizontally to chase the drama, the horizontal version of the interstitial advertisement has better exposure effect; when the user scrolls short videos and browses information, the interstitial video advertisement may be displayed on the vertical screen, which is more in line with the user's habits and has a better eye-catching effect. .
- Support DeepLink jump direct:
- Video ads should not be displayed too long (less than 10s is better).
- The "advertisement" logo is obvious, so as not to be confused with the content and cause mistakes.
- It is best to insert advertisements in the first few pictures, such as the second carousel, to ensure high visibility of advertisements.
- Video advertising content, tone, etc. should be perfectly integrated and seamless transition with other carousel content.
- Allow users to independently choose whether to play and whether there is sound (automatically play in WIFI environment).
- Innovative gameplay. For example, it can be linked with the open-screen advertisement (refer to Tencent Video "Super Splash Screen OneShot" in the figure below). Through the combination of the two largest traffic resource positions of open-screen + focus map, it can bring more efficient brand exposure effects and at the same time. APP brings greater monetization benefits.
So, what are the new forms of video advertising? How to choose each APP? How to optimize various forms of video advertising?
Open screen video ad
1) Stronger eye-catching ability:
The open-screen advertisement in graphic form has always been favored by advertisers because of its huge display area and the ability to attract users' attention in the first time. In contrast, an open-screen advertisement upgraded from a static image to a dynamic video can provide users with a more three-dimensional, more exciting, and more ornamental advertising experience, thereby enhancing the eye-catching and brand memory of the advertisement. At the same time, it can also bring more efficient delivery effects for advertisers, and ultimately improve the advantages and benefits of media monetization, and achieve a win-win situation for users, advertisers, and media.
2) Better realization effect:
According to Meishu’s advertising monetization experience and service cases, the click-through rate of open-screen graphic ads can reach 3%-8% on average; and the click-through rate of open-screen video ads can increase by 20%-50% or even more than that of graphic forms. high.
Most apps are suitable for embedding open-screen video ads.
News Feed Video Advertising
1) More native user experience:
Information flow video advertisements are not only not as "unattainable" like video patch advertisements, they can also be quietly integrated into consumers' content browsing content, making users more acceptability and brand advertising effects. Significantly.
2) More efficient communication effect:
Compared with graphic information flow, video information flow advertisement can carry richer and more substantial brand content, which can better convey brand information and communicate with users more efficiently.
3) Better realization effect:
According to the realizing experience of the United States, the click-through rate of graphic information flow advertisements can usually reach 1%-3%; while the average click-through rate of video information flow advertisements can reach 2%-4%, or even higher. So as to bring more realizable benefits and incremental space for traffic owners.
Various types of apps that are suitable for embedding information flow advertisements, such as video, social, information, audio, reading, educational tools, sports fitness tools, etc., can consider supporting video format information flow advertisements in addition to the graphic information flow.
Interstitial video ad
1) Fuller creative display:
The size of interstitial ads is second only to that of open-screen ads, so it is more creative to show. And if you choose to insert the video form of the interstitial advertisement, compared with the graphic form, it can display richer brand/product information, which can better meet the high-intensity exposure needs of brand owners.
2) Better realization effect:
The click-through rate of graphic interstitial ads is 0.5%-2% on average; and the click-through rate of video interstitial ads can be increased by 30%-70% compared with graphic interstitial ads.
When it is generally paused (more common in video APP program pauses); when jumping or switching between pages (such as game APP clearance, tool APP page conversion, etc.); when APP exits; when returning to the previous level, etc., all scenarios are suitable for planting Into interstitial video ads.
Focus map video ad
1) Higher exposure:
Focus map advertisements are usually displayed at the top of the homepage, and the advertising area is relatively large, so it is easier to grab the user's attention and improve the advertising effect. At the same time, the focus map advertisement in the form of video can carry richer and more vivid creative content through dynamic visual presentation of the scene. At the same time, its advertising eye-catching and display effect are more excellent and prominent than the picture format.
2) Better realization effect:
Generally, the APP will have an area (usually the top of the homepage) as a carousel display, and the carousel may be the APP's own high-quality content recommendation. At this time, integrating the focus map advertisement can minimize user interference and increase user advertisement acceptance. According to Meishu’s monetization experience, focus image ads are not only open-screen ads, but also an ad style that is highly recognized and accepted by users; in addition, their monetization effects are relatively impressive—the click-through rate of images and texts is basically maintained at More than 1%; while the focus map ads in the form of video, the click-through rate can reach up to 3%-5%.
Generally, multiple types of apps, such as video, tools, music, audio, reading, travel, e-commerce, etc., can be considered in the carousel display area on the homepage, or other large traffic volume and high monetization value Embed focus map video ads into the page entry of.